Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Magnum Staffing is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your personal data. As part of this commitment, we have established our policy to govern our activities as they relate to the use of your personal data. We invite you to review our policy, which have been built upon the values set by Canada’s federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and its provincial counterparts.
2. Identifying Purpose
4. Limited Collection
Personal data collected must be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the purposes identified and must be collected by fair and lawful means. Accordingly, Magnum Staffing neither collects information which pertains to your health, race or ethnic origin
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal data may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Your personal data is only to be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected (taking into account our statutory and contractual obligations to retain information).
7. Safeguarding Information
Personal data must be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. For example, documents containing personal data are kept in cabinets within the applicable office that are kept locked after business hours to avoid/prevent unauthorized access. All Magnum Staffing computer systems are password protected for this same reason.
10. Handling Complaints and Suggestions
You may direct any questions or enquiries with respect to the privacy principles outlined above or about our practices by contacting the designated person(s) accountable for privacy.
What Information will we collect and why? How will we use it?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your resume, Photo ID, Bank direct deposit/Void cheque, SIN Number) The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you;
- to send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs;
- to enable you to submit your resume, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
- to allow you to participate in specialist online training services;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- to market our full range of recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary, contract, outplacement and recruitment process outsourcing services);
- to send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes;
- to answer your questions and enquiries;
- to third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client have requested, such references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as payroll services, professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners;
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings;
- to use your information on an anonymized basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy; and
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your personal data for any other purpose not listed above.
We may also pass your personal data to, or allows access to such information to the Magnum Staffing group of companies, in order that they may use your personal data in the same way as we process, use and disclose your information as described above.
Where will my information be held? Where will it be accessible from?
How is personal data safeguarded?
We implement commercially reasonable industry standard policies, procedures, technologies and security standards to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized access, and inappropriate disclosure, alteration or misuse. All safety and security measures which are implemented are designed to be appropriate to the sensitivity level of the stored personal data.
Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted file access to personal data to only those with a need to know;
- deploying technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access;
- internal password and security policies; and
- screening and training of personnel.
Magnum Staffing cannot, however, guarantee that loss, misuse or unauthorized use of your personal data will never occur (for example, someone could conceivably overcome our security measures). If you receive any electronic communication which purports to be from Magnum Staffing that you have any questions or concerns about, please contact us. Spam, improper use, and pirating of domain names and email addresses is a growing problem, so we appreciate hearing about incidents in order that we may investigate them and provide you with the best service.
Can access to personal data be denied?
Rights to access to your personal data are not absolute. We may deny access to you when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings against you;
- the information was generated as a result of a formal dispute resolution process including a court case;
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy, security or proprietary information;
- to protect our rights and property; or
- where the request is frivolous or vexatious or generates costs which are prohibitively expensive.
If we deny a request for access to, or refuse a request to correct your personal data, we shall do so in writing and explain why.
Sending us information over the internet.
Your personal data is held on servers hosted by us or our internet services provider(s). The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
With respect to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (commonly referred to as CASL), you hereby expressly consent to receiving, during and after our business relationship, electronic messages from Magnum Staffing, including via emails and through social media, providing information to you including newsletters, updates, alerts, other publications, news and communications, other information of interest to you and/or information on our services. You can withdraw this consent or modify your preferences as to the types of electronic messages which you wish to receive from us, at any time, simply by notifying us or by using the unsubscribe mechanism on any of our electronic messages.
A cookie is a small data file which is sent from a web server to a web browser when that browser visits the server’s site.
We obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored in the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us to:
- remember your login;
- recognise you when you return to our site;
- track web traffic on an aggregate basis (i.e. no individuals are identified);
- track campaigns; and
- keep session information such as your last search.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. However, switching off cookies will likely restrict your use of our website.
How you can access, update or delete your information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may edit or delete your user profile at any time by clicking on the “My Profile” link or graphic provided by the system once you are logged in. Once you have logged onto the system during a given session, wherever you go on the Magnum Staffing recruiting website, your information will stay with you until or unless you click on the “Logoff” link, which is accessible from within the “My Profile” screen.
If you are a previously registered user and you have lost or forgotten your password, you may obtain it by email by using our “Forgot Password” feature. Click the button on any login page to request that your password be emailed to you. We cannot provide your password by any other means.
Your Magnum Staffing recruiting website account can be deleted, but doing so will result in not being able to access any of the features of the program that require user registration. We will or may keep an archival copy of your account which is not accessible on the Internet
Links to other websites.