Hiring for shutdown job in Quebec
Company: Well known shipping company in Quebec
Job Title: Industrial Painter
Region: Monti-Joli, Quebec
Weekly Hours: 60 hours per week, over time as per standard labour law.
Flight & Accommodation: Paid by the company
- Shipyard or ship painting experience is a huge asset
- Experienced basics of painting equipment and machines made available for the execution of his work (hydraulic giraffe, electric or diesel compressor, paint pump, sandblasting nozzle and spray guns.
- Carry out sand blasting operations and to know and carry out a preparation of the surface to be painted (commercial, sweep, sanding by “spot”, feathering)
- Know the means of masking (silicone, rubber, masking tape)
- Apply the paint in a methodical and uniform way on the surfaces to be painted
- Know the paint mixture (hardener with paint)
- Repair and install sandblasting equipment
- Be able to prepare and perform maintenance on the pump.
- Work inside and outside; exposed to all the weather elements
- Work in enclosed space and height;
- Work in an environment subject to change;
Required Tickets and Experience:
- 3 years industrial painting experience is required
- NACE or other painting qualifications is a plus
- Be able to have clean criminal record, drug & Alcohol tests.
- Experience in the maritime field will be an asset is a huge asset
Advantages of Working for Magnum
- Opportunity to work for well reputed shipping building company in Canada
- Be able to have work throughout the year with excellent salary and other benefits
- Good opportunity to work in Quebec’s remote areas
- Paid Accommodation & flights tickets
- Monthly Food allowance & luggage allowance when travelling
- Weekly (Friday) Direct bank transfer
- 60 hours’ work per week with applicable over time
- 4% vacation paid on every pay cheque